Friday, March 29, 2013

Busy, Busy, Busy

It's been almost a month since I blogged...I hate to say it, but we're just so busy! One of the things I like best about the spring is all the unscheduled time to get things done. I take great joy in lazy Saturdays, long naps on Sundays with baseball on in the background, and long drives on Texas highways gazing at fields of bluebonnets. The fall is always so packed with football and the holidays that it's a race from August through December. The spring is time to catch your breath and have your breath taken away by the beauty. While we find joy in everything we do, lately we've hardly had time to sleep! Between work, Chase's study time for the PE, hobbies, and social commitments, our heads are spinning. Things will really slow down after Chase takes his test, but I feel like we have something going on every night.

Each week we lead a Small Group on Wednesdays and Chase has rehearsal on Thursdays. Because I have such a flexible job, I have taken on the role of Activities Coordinator for our HOA, and have recently started up three new groups for our neighborhood. I have loved every minute, but it has been much more time consuming than I thought it would be in the beginning. It has also been a huge learning curve about how to plan things. Someone introduced me to doodle.com, and it has changed my life!  Look into it, people...you won't regret it.

Recap of our past few weeks:
Hosted a Mexican Scramble night for our ABF (Read Amy's blog and Katy's blog)
Neighborhood Supper Club gathering at Eddy's Pizza
Tree trimming...followed up by a nice sunburn
Backyard patio dinner with dear friends
Chase taught our ABF
Hosted neighborhood Book Club gathering (reading Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn this month)
VM recording night
Hosted neighborhood Bunco Night
ABF Name that Tune (Read Alicia's blog)

I really wanted to take pictures of all of these things and blog about each one, but I'm sure you know how that goes!! Especially when you're hosting!

Did I mention we're leaving on a cruise in less than a month? I've already started looking at packing lists and buying swimsuits (love shopping...hate "that kind" of shopping). I'll definitely post more about cruise planning since this is our FIRST CRUISE. Yes, it's Carnival...No, we're not worried at all. Our ship is brand new! The Magic had her maiden voyage last spring, and our only worry is that we'll get too much sun!

No comments:

Post a Comment