Monday, January 14, 2013

Blaggravations

A few days ago, a friend asked me and Chase what our strengths and weaknesses were as a couple. It's pretty hard to put into words, but we almost instantly agreed that we are complements to each other and work well as a team. One of us usually excels in an area where the other is weak, and this makes life easier...or sometimes exasperating. While getting ready for bed last night, I had to laugh as I witnessed this principle at work.

Chase:  So this blog thing?

Me:  Yeah?

Chase:  What's our plan?

Me:  What do you mean? We have a blog, so we write in it.

Chase:  Yeah, but, like, weekly? I was thinking weekly...

Me:  You can write in it weekly. I just want to write in it whenever I want.

Chase:  OK...I was thinking we could write in it weekly and switch off. That way neither of us has to carry too much of the burden. 

Me:  So you'd like to write in it every other week?

Chase:  Yeah.

Me:  OK, great. You can write a blog every other Friday, and I'll write whenever I want.

[Long pause...]

Chase:  So what about our readers? How will they know when they're supposed to check the blog?

Me:  Our readers?

Chase:  Yeah. And how will we stay accountable? We need to have a schedule so that we don't get lazy and never write and then give up in a few months. If you have a weekly deadline and expectations, you won't get lazy.

Me:  I get that. But you're stifling my creativity. Writing is supposed to be fun for me. The word "deadline" grosses me out. Do you want me to hate it?

Chase:  No. I want you to want to write.

Me:  How about I write whenever I want...with a minimum of once a week?

Chase:  Yeah, that should be ok.

Me:  Good. [Laughing] I'm going to blog about this tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. This made me laugh out loud. I could so hear you guys having this discussion...

    FYI - You do have readers, and I am one of them, but I promise not to get mad if you do not post every week. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amy, thanks for reading our blog!!!! I'm glad I could make you laugh :)

      Delete