Saturday, February 9, 2013

Good Times

Last weekend, Chase went camping with all the guys from our church small group. Words cannot describe the fun they had just being men. While planning all the details, their eyes lit up like kids in a candy store. I have to say that I'm impressed by how well things went without a bit of help from the ladies.

Once they got their tents assembled,



they built a very manly campfire (so they wouldn't have to hold each other for warmth...it was cold!)



And, of course, there was the "Dutch Oven Mountain Man Breakfast", good fuel for...


FISHING! Don't they look so proud?!



Those little guys weren't quite big enough to eat...good thing they thought to bring hot dogs as a backup. Look at these men cooking! Ray and Michel cook delicious food (and not just when they have to!).


All that work cooking and fishing left just enough time for some male bonding.


Awaking to breathtaking scenery like this was well worth the chilly night.


As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another. Proverbs 27:17




For a look at what we ladies did without our boys, visit Alicia's blog.

1 comment:

  1. I do love the wonderful relationship that we all have formed. I know the boys had a great time in their male bonding camping trip. I LOVE the pictures that Chase took and I do hope it is ok if I borrow several of them. You are wonderful and use such great words in your blog! I have really enjoyed reading the Gooding thoughts and updates:)

    ReplyDelete