Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Bon Voyage: Shopping Editon

I might've gone a tad overboard (that's right...already snuck in a pun!) shopping for this cruise. Chase said I could, so that's my defense! My general philosophy on clothing is to buy it cheap, take good care of it, and by the time you're tired of it, it's probably out of style anyway. You won't catch me buying anything designer because I just don't care about whose name is on it if my body looks good in it.

Some of my favorite cruise-specific purchases:

This hat (which is now 30% off, and I'm kicking myself for paying full price and not saving my receipt!) from Target (you can't buy it online, so no link)




If you're pale like I am, you need sun protection in all of its various forms! High school and college were times of some not-so-judicious choices for me where my skin is concerned. Did I mention my parents owned a boat? To keep from ending up like Mama Elsa (thanks, Bravo, for this one)...



...I wear a sun hat. And LOTS of sunscreen. 

Recently, I've decided a black bikini is a staple because you can mix/match it with ANYTHING, and I've loved doing that this season. I bought this duo from Kohl's a couple of years ago:

I couldn't find an exact pic of the top, but it's basically like this one






Bottom 



My tops of choice to add this season are also from Kohl's


Apparently this white one is sold out online, but I found mine in a store



Turquoise is in both tops, so I decided to get a turquoise bottom too



Coverage is of utmost importance these days, so I splurged on a few things:

Dress or skirt cover-up (I've tried it on, and it really is good as either)



My biggest splurge of all...gorgeous white, linen pants (from Kohl's again! They always get me!)



Of course, what's a great skirt or pant without a wedge?! This time, I went cheap so I could wear them to the pool guilt-free. Payless. On sale and BOGO. Plus, sign up for member rewards and get a 20% off coupon.



Is it Sunday, yet?!

3 comments:

  1. Good for you! We all deserve to splurge every once in awhile. I am so proud of you guys for paying off all your debt! We are almost there! Have sooooo much fun on your trip! Can't wait to hear all about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun! I love all of your new things!! This is making me really excited about our Disney Cruise that we just booked for may 10th. I need to talk Matt into letting me spend a little money on some new stuff!! That's so nice of Chase to let you do that!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those suits! You will be stylin' as always! ;)

    ReplyDelete