Sunday, May 12, 2013

Cruise: On the Gooding Ship

I'm LONG overdue in posting about our recent cruise. I think I still haven't recovered...even though it's been two weeks! I also took our camera to Denton last weekend to show pics to my mom, and left it there.

We had a FANTASTIC time! It was relaxing and wonderful. Enough about that...on to the pictures!

Chase's brother, sister-in-law, and their daughter, Jane, were so kind to let us stay the night before our cruise and drop us at the boat. Of course, we got the bonus of spending time with this little cutie!


We could not have been more excited to get going, and the weather was beautiful. I was actually pretty nervous about how everything would go with luggage and boarding. Primarily, it was our first cruise, so the unknowns were troubling.  Once we got on the ship, it was smooth sailing (aaaand I got in my first cruise pun!).


Our first night (Sunday) was fairly uneventful. Night two (Monday) was our first formal dinner, and we had a perfect sunset for the occasion.




We learned from our first morning on the boat that if you want a good spot, you have to get there early! Tuesday, we had breakfast brought to our room (actually the only morning we did that), and we took it up to the deck for some sun, scripture, and sweet time together.


Dinner at the steak house was a fitting reward for our hard day's work (it takes a lot of effort to get ridiculously shaped sunburns like we did!). I'm going to do a whole post about food, so I'll just post pictures of us here.






We had one other day at sea, and we were able to do everything else we wanted. On the top of Chase's list? The Sky Course.


The Captain's Tour was our only other major on-board event, and they wouldn't let us take ANY pictures. It was so interesting to see all the inner workings of the ship and meet the captain. I would definitely recommend it for first-time cruisers (or anyone, really).

We absolutely loved our boat (The Carnival Magic). The staff was spectacular, the dining rooms and staterooms were immaculate, the spa was gorgeous and had many amenities (go for the spa room!!), and we were never without things to keep us busy!

More to come about our food and our port days!

1 comment:

  1. It looks like you guys had a fantastic time! I look forward to reading more about the food and your stops! Isn't it always crazy how we need vacations from our vacations! Totally worth it I'm sure:)

    ReplyDelete