Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Halfway-ish Pregnancy Update

Our little angel is growing! There's a lot I haven't shared on the blog yet. I have no excuses!

I still plan to share about how we told our families we were expecting and how we revealed baby girl's gender.

Today I want to share some pics of my growing belly and some things I want to remember about the pregnancy.

First, the good stuff.


We definitely are not professional photographers in this house, but Chase has been having fun making sure we take a picture every week.



Now how she looks in there at 21 weeks.


We are so ready to kiss that gorgeous face! Pregnancy has been good to me. I haven't been sick much at all, and I'm thankful for that. I've had some odd things going on as the little alien has taken over my body for her home: heart palpitations, which are apparently quite common during pregnancy, round ligament pain, and dill pickle cravings, to name a few. I won't even begin to tell you about the increased consumption of Blue Bell Ice Cream in this house! I know I should be healthy, but I swear that there's a Blue Bell truck on my commute every morning lately just to taunt me. With every new symptom, I'm Googling whether or not I'm normal, and I've discovered something: pregnancy brings along some crazy stuff! Pretty much, if you're pregnant, it can happen...no matter what "it" is.

I started feeling her move at around 18 weeks. It is, of course, the most amazing feeling in the world! Last week, she found her groove. She either enjoys trashy reality television like her mommy or she's appalled at my laziness and wants me to get moving like her daddy! Either way, I love feeling her kickboxing and yoga classes in my belly. It is a strange, terrifying, confusing, and wonderful experience. No wonder pregnant ladies are emotional! I wouldn't trade a single second.

3 comments:

  1. I had every symptom you're talking about: heart palpitations happened to me pretty frequently; round ligament pain, pickle cravings, and I totally indulged in some delicious Blue Bell! You look great! I love your photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So loved the feeling of bubbles when my little tresures started moving about. What a joy the first time the kick came and tossed what ever off my tummy.

    Enjoy every minute. Each one is different and O! so special. God Bless

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pics! Love the words! Love everything you are experiencing! I LOVED being pregnant!

    ReplyDelete