Friday, August 8, 2014

Maternity Photos

We have the most amazing neighbors in the world. Hands down, ours are better than yours. They're our family. Matt also happens to be an AMAZING, TALENTED, and GIFTED photographer. His photographs need absolutely no words, but I'm me, so let's get real, I'm going to write a few.

I knew I wanted something comfortable and sweet (you know, just like pregnancy). I wanted the pictures to capture us in our "normal" state. Matt kept laughing at me because the nature of maternity pictures is that they're NOT NORMAL. We don't sit around talking with Chase's hand on my belly. Nobody does. Nor does anyone stare tenderly and longingly at their belly. Nonetheless, Matt was able to get the perfect shots of us, and I'm in love with them. Seriously, I can't stop looking at them. I didn't want to fancy them up with anything, so I'm leaving them without any kind of arrangement.





Normalcy in our house often involves a cat or dog in your face. We're those weird people who have both, and they're both pests...that we love. I had to include these because they made me laugh so hard when I saw them!





This one is my personal favorite. I just like the expressions we both have, and how natural it looks. Of course I love that they're in our kitchen into which we poured all of our blood, sweat, and tears for 2 months! I also now find it humorous that I'm barefoot and pregnant in the kitchen...the perfect wife, right?








I could not be more pleased. Matt, thank you so much for capturing this special time for us. 

3 comments:

  1. These are beautiful!!! I, especially, liked the cat picture! However, Audrey clapped when she saw the picture of you with Alice, so clearly that one is her favorite :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these!!! So perfect and I love how natural they are! Perfection!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What gorgeous photos! I love that they are at home and just have such a relaxed yet beautiful feel. Such a fun way to document such a special time. Congrats again. I can't wait to see that beautiful baby:)

    ReplyDelete