Monday, September 1, 2014

Pregnancy Pics: Weeks 23-40

Amazingly enough, I'm actually writing this blog BEFORE Evelyn's arrival. I'm shocked that I managed to get this done before I went into labor, but having a baby right after a 3-day weekend has its perks. We've been so busy getting prepped for the big day, and I've had lots of extra time to get everything done! It's refreshing to feel so ready. 

Here are all the photos we've taken of my pregnancy progress (actually, NOT EVEN CLOSE to all of them...Chase was ambitious with the weekly photographs). Weeks 32 and 33 are missing because we were in Vegas, and then took maternity pictures.



And from above:



I ran out of energy to do a collage from start to finish, but I included the pictures from my previous post for comparison's sake. Culling through and choosing which pictures to use, and then actually making the collages took about three hours. That's a lot of swelling time for my cankles.

Pregnancy is so beautiful, and I loved every moment...right up until the first moment of my third trimester. I may have "birthing hips," but my rib cage is another story. I've had this nerve pain on the right side of my ribs for the last ten or so weeks. The more I sit, the worse it gets. Sleeping? What a joke! I've been cranky and fatigued and a downright pleasure to be around, I'm sure. My sweet husband...he needs an award for putting up with this hot mess. Oh, and hot, I forgot to mention hot. I've never been hot this much in my life! I'm one of those people who takes a sweater everywhere. Not. This. Summer. Oh, right...back to Chase. Could any man be more tolerant and long-suffering? I mean, I already knew this because he married me, but he's been even MORE obliging and gracious. I won the husband lottery, and I hope he knows how much I'm thankful for him!

Really, I am thankful for such a smooth, drama-free pregnancy, but this emotional desire to be free from this weight on my chest runs much deeper than logic. It's hormonal. 

It really helps when strangers at the grocery store ask if you're having twins, too. 

Dear, sweet, beautiful Evelyn. COME OUT, ALREADY! It's much more fun out here!


1 comment:

  1. You look absolutely beautiful mama! You are going to love looking back at this post while holding sweet baby girl. It's such a miracle process, but boy can it be crazy too. We are both so excited for your sweet family and so excited to meet sweet Evelyn... when she makes her debut of course.

    ReplyDelete