Saturday, April 25, 2015

One Month

I've been keeping notes about you, sweet baby. I started this when you were about three months old, and I finally came up for air.

Here's what I wrote about our first month with you:

Crying a lot
Sleeping OK
I can't remember anything because I was a wreck

It makes me laugh to read that! I WAS a bit of a wreck the first few months, but you are so worth it! I think you slept at night pretty well after the first week. By 8 weeks, you could sleep 12 hours, but the first month I was up once or twice with you every night. We also let you sleep in the swing as much as you wanted. I stressed about this decision so much! Why?? Because that's what new moms do.

Other things I can remember about your first month if I try very hard (and clear away lots of cobwebs):

You love your hands. You like to put them in your mouth, and you started sucking your thumb almost immediately after you were born. Thankfully, that was not a consistent habit. You also like to grab onto everything; you're happiest when holding onto something.

You make all sorts of sweet newborn coos and gurgles. Gurgling is your favorite sound to make.

Changing your diaper calms you down (when often nothing else will).

You're only so-so about taking a pacifier.

Daddy loves to bounce you, and you love to be bounced. You love it so much, you cry from 4 PM-10 PM every night just so you can be bounced by your dad. He's going to be in such good shape.

We're getting you on a pretty good eat, wake, sleep schedule. You seem to never want to stop eating. It takes you 40 minutes to get through a feed, and that's when I stop you!

You take short (30 min) naps, only in my arms or the swing, and I have to rock you to sleep. You don't want to miss a thing!

At one month old, you weigh 11 pounds (90th percentile) and are 22 inches long (87th percentile). You're growing and gaining weight like a champ!

Here you are at one month old!



When looking at these pictures very closely, they all look different. When I brought them into the blog, though...I realized they're pretty much the same. Cute, of course, but not much variety!



No comments:

Post a Comment